Tuesday 14 January 2014

White Christmas and a late Happy New Year

I know this post isn't about fashion (and it's very late) and I'm sorry about that but I simply had to share with everyone about my most wonderful of Christmases!!!
Christmas 2013 I had the pleasure of spending Christmas in Canada and let me tell you, I felt like I was in the North Pole. 1) because of the temperatures and 2) because of the 2ft of ice encasing everything and that was underneath the ft of snow! It was a true white Christmas.
With all this beautiful snow came power shortages and water shortages unfortunately (ironic really- there was so much water outside). And whilst it made me panic to say the least when Christmas morning came and we still had no contact with the outside world, or a working shower for that matter, I put on my Topshop Boutique pink jumper and embraced the Christmas spirit. It was that spirit that kept us going I believe. Cooking our dinners on the fireplace and using melted icicles to wash our faces; we had resorted to old age tactics and whilst they were difficult and not how you expect to spend Christmas; it definitely brought our family and friends together closer.
Oh I forgot to mention, we were staying with friends and it was these friends who helped me take the following pictures of beautiful Canada; where they are lucky enough to live.
Enjoy!




On Christmas Day I wore my coral pink Topshop Boutique jumper (only £3.50 because I found it in a Charity Shop) and a sale Topshop blouse (£10) with Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans (£5 in a Charity Shop)
Whilst I am definitely one for dressing fancy in the right situation, who would turn down those bargains?!
Charity Shops are my heaven.

                                        
Thank you friends and family for a brilliant and beautiful Christmas, I wish everyone a happy new year.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment